IowaCare for Members
What is IowaCare?
IowaCare is a health care program that provides limited services for people who are not otherwise eligible for Medicaid. The purpose of IowaCare is to provide some health care coverage to people who would otherwise have no coverage.
Who does IowaCare cover?
IowaCare covers adults ages 19 through 64; and
- Whose family income is no more than 200% of the federal poverty level
- Who are not eligible for Medicaid and/or Medicare
- Who are uninsured or whose health insurance does not cover the medical condition for which they need treatment
- Who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents
What services are covered by IowaCare?
- Inpatient & outpatient hospital services
- Doctor & Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner services
- Limited prescription drug services
- Limited dental services
- Routine preventative medical examinations
- Services to help you quit smoking
Where can I get medical care?
The IowaCare provider you go to is based on where you live. You will be assigned to the IowaCare provider in your region. This provider is your 'medical home.' If you need specialty care, you may be referred to Broadlawns Medical Center in Des Moines or the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Where you are referred depends on the type of specialty care you need and the region of the state in which you live. (Iowa Care Medical Home Expansion Map - January 2013)
IowaCare Provider Network
- Community Health Center of Fort Dodge
- Broadlawns Medical Center, Des Moines
- Crescent Community Health Center, Dubuque
- Peoples Community Health Clinic, Waterloo
- All Care Health Center, Council Bluffs
- Primary Health Care, Marshalltown
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City
- Siouxland Community Health Center, Sioux City
Participating IowaCare Indian Health Centers (Optional medical facilities for IowaCare Native Americans only)
- Meskwaki Tribal Health Center, Tama, IA
- Winnebago IHS Hospital, Winnebago, NE
- Fred Leroy Health and Wellness Center, Omaha, NE
For more information on provider locations, costs, and services click on the following link:
IowaCare Application Links