Welcome to the Medicaid Website for Members
This site is for:
- People who receive Medicaid.
- People who want to know more about Medicaid before they apply.
- People who are helping a Medicaid member such as family members, friends or others.
What is Medicaid?
Medicaid is a program that pays for covered medical and health care costs of people who qualify. The Medicaid program is funded by federal and state government and is managed by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS).
What is available?
A wide range of medical and health care services is available through the Medicaid program. These services are covered only if they are medically necessary.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility groups are categories of people who meet certain requirements such as income level and other factors. These are groups like children and their families, the elderly, disabled and pregnant women. There are a wide variety of programs and services and the DHS eligibility workers who process your application will determine your eligibility.
Members Services Contact Information:
800-338-8366 Toll Free
515-256-4606 (Des Moines area)
P.O. Box 36510
Des Moines, IA 50315
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Request for Information (RFI) Public Meetings Schedule: On March 20, 2014, the Iowa Department of Human Services, Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (IME), released a Request for Information (RFI) seeking feedback from Medicaid members, advocates, constituents, and potential bidders. Three public meetings will also be held regarding this RFI. Please read the attached flyer for more information.
- The Medicaid quarterly newsletter for members,Partners for Better Health and Wellnessis now available and shares with Medicaid members information on transportation services, preventing seasonal illness and the annual Medicaid member survey.
- To apply for health care coverage, call the DHS Contact Center at 1-855-889-7985 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m. Monday Friday. An online application is availablehereor to download and print an application, clickhere.
- Visit BeTobaccoFree.gov, a comprehensive website providing one-stop access to the best and up-to-date tobacco-related information. This consolidated resource includes general information on tobacco, federal and state laws and policies, health statistics, and evidence-based methods on how to quit.